This post is sponsored by Safeway and features their exclusive O Organics® products. I shop for these products at my local Safeway store.
It’s the holiday season finally and everybody is on the hunt for something delicious, unique, and fast to make. Whether you are searching for something to bring to your office holiday party or just something quick to set out for a house party, you gotta try these Chocolate Covered Pita Crackers!
When I saw these O Organics® Pita Crackers the first thing I wanted to do was cover them in chocolate. Ha! They are already salted so you get that nice salted chocolate flavor, but also I love how they are slightly hollow so you can top them with fun stuff like shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or even sprinkles.
O Organics products are available in my area exclusively at Safeway. For this version, I used O Organics® Pita Crackers, Semi-Sweet Chocolate, and Shredded Coconut.
If you don’t live near a Safeway, Check out O Organics Products at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaws, Star Market, United Express, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
Chocolate Covered Pita Crackers
- 1 box O Organics® Pita Crackers
- 12 ounces O Organics® semi-sweet chocolate chips
- O Organics® shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts
- Other optional toppings
- Pour a few cups of water in a small pot and place it over medium-low heat until it’s steaming. Add 3/4 of the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a metal bowl and place over the steaming water to make a double boiler. Stir the chocolate until it’s melted and smooth. Remove from heat and add in the reserved 1/4 of the chocolate chips. Stir those in until they are melted and the chocolate is smooth. This should temper the chocolate and make it perfect for dipping.
- Working relatively quickly, dip a PIta Cracker into the chocolate and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with coconut, chopped nuts, or any other toppings you desire. Repeat until you are out of chocolate or pita crackers!
- Let pita crackers sit at room temperature to harden for a few minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
This is such an easy recipe, but ends up being pretty classy looking. It really only has two ingredients plus whatever toppings you want!
I just love these little pita crackers. I like they are slightly concave on one side and super crispy. Perfect for dipping!
Melting the chocolate is the only real step in this recipe. I like to melt 3/4 of my chocolate chips over a double boiler until it’s really smooth and creamy. Try not to get it too hot or it will seize up though.
Then add the reserved 1/4 of the chocolate chips. This will bring down the temperature of the chocolate slowly and also make it so the chocolate will hopefully set up nicely at room temperature.
Once your chocolate is melted, you can dip to your heart’s content!
And, of course, add all the toppings. I kept this version pretty simple with coconut and chopped nuts. Two classics, for sure. But you could go crazy with sprinkles, sea salt, chili powder… get creative I say!
After you dip the pita crackers, let them rest on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so the chocolate can set up. If you didn’t get the tempering perfect (I still screw it up sometimes), you can always stick them in the fridge for a minute or two to set up.
These are a great little snack to have out if you are having a party or something this holiday season.
Go forth and dip things in chocolate!