This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway and features their exclusive Signature SELECT™ products. All opinions are 100% my own. I shop for these products at my local Safeway store!
This year, the holidays will be very different for most households. We are planning to stay home and celebrate with just our family. But that doesn’t mean we won’t have snacks! In fact, I’m planning on making MORE snacks than normal because a pandemic can’t keep me out of the kitchen!
If you are looking for a new snack to add to your menu, try out this Honey Chili Snack Mix. It’s the perfect mix of sweetness and spiciness. The sauce on a mixture of nuts and pretzels is so addictive and I found myself grabbing handfuls of this mix every time I walked by… until there was no snack mix left to grab!
I loved being able to find all these ingredients at my local Safeway. They offer high-quality products on every aisle. Their exclusive Signature SELECT™ products (what I used for this recipe) are always high-quality and come at an amazing value compared to other brands.
I buy my Signature SELECT products in my area exclusively at Safeway, but you can also find them throughout the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including, Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
Visit Safeway.com to find a store near you and discover meal prep tips and recipe ideas.
Honey Chili Snack Mix
- 2 cups Signature SELECT mixed nuts
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Signature SELECT chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Signature SELECT honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, chili sauce, honey, sriracha (optional), garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- In a medium bowl stir together mixed nuts with pretzels. Drizzle in sauce and stir to coat well.
- Spread the snack mixture out on a greased baking sheet (or line one with parchment paper).
- Bake the snack mix at 325˚F for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the snack mix is lightly browned and dry to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.Recipe is easily doubled!
Did you make this recipe?
Making the Honey Chili Sauce
I like to use a good mixed nut mix for this snack mix. Besides that it really has just a few ingredients!
The first time I tested this snack mix I didn’t add any butter and the sauce was too thick. This very is perfect though and the melted butter helps everything combine. I added a little sriracha sauce for extra heat but it’s optional!
Stir that all together and you are ready to make snack mix!
Quick aside: I think this sauce would make a pretty solid chicken wings sauce, but that’s for another day!
Making the Snack Mix
Add the sauce to your snack mix. I like to add pretzels but you could add some other type of crunchy ingredient if you wanted.
Spread the mix out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at a low 325˚F to prevent burning. Stir every five minutes or so and it’ll be crispy and delicious after 15 minutes.
As the snack mix cools, the seasonings will stick to the nuts and pretzels!
You could do worse than have a big bowl of this on your counter for the upcoming holidays!